News & Events
- PM CoP ‘experience exchange’ webinar We invite you to join our September ‘experience exchange’ webinar. This is an informal meeting where CoP members can share their insights from their PM practice or ask for suggestions from the community. Our first webinar will be on 7th of September, 8 a.m. UTC.
- Post.doc in participatory modeling A 3-year postdoc position at ZALF would explore the use of models and model based knowledge in co-innovation processes within a larger project, lead by Frank Ewert, to better understand the demands on and roles of science in multiactor processes, or living labs, working towards sustainable agricultural landscapes.
- We are preparing 2nd PM CoP Newsletter’21: share your news! Share your news, announcements, important research outputs/cases/projects related to PM (please send to email@example.com).
- Special Issue “Towards Sustainable Land-Water Interactions in the Anthropocene: The Role of Stakeholder Engagement and Participatory Modelling” Land, water, and society are intrinsically interconnected through the metabolism of human activity, influenced by demographic shifts and economic development, urbanization and agricultural expansion, the extraction of natural resources and the production of waste. Human activities are capable of altering how water flows through the landscape, affecting its quantity and quality at an unprecedented scale. To understand the full dimension of land-water interactions in the Anthropocene, and to use this understanding to inform management, it is therefore, necessary to integrate knowledge from fields as diverse as hydrology, soil science, human geography, economics, anthropology, law, and human behavior. There is also an increasing awareness that early and meaningful engagement of stakeholders in decision-making is essential to find successful and implementable pathways supportive of sustainable and resilient futures. Our ability to tackle this multifaceted theme in a comprehensive, robust, and systematic manner is still limited. We highly encourage submission of integrative studies that combine insights from environmental modelling and behavioral science. In doing so, this Special Issue aims to shed light on how stakeholder engagement and collaborative approaches can help disentangle the complexity of land–water–human interactions at local, national, and global levels.
- ModSim2021 Dec 5-10 in Sydney – Invitation to Session I6 on Participatory Modelling
At ModSim 2021 December 5-10 in Sydney, we are organising a session I6 titled “Promoting participatory modelling among common stakeholders: Methods, case studies, tools and their simplification” (https://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2021/streams.html), with a linked workshop.
We look forward to you joining our PM session, either virtually or in person, by submitting an extended abstract or a full ...
- PM Field School: Registration is Open 2021 PM Field School organised at Michigan State University will be held on August 16-19 in a virtual format.
- PM CoP April 2021 Newsletter It's been quite some time since our last Newsletter. All of us were adjusting to the 'new normal' reality of COVID19 world. We hope that you and your families stay safe and healthy! In 2021 we gradually revive our PM CoP activities.
- MISS-ABMS 2021 ABM course: By taking part in this course, you will gain a modelling culture and learn the different skills required for building agent-based models (ABMs) applied to sociological, ecological, or socio-ecological systems. 04-15 octobre 2021, Cirad, Montpellier (France)
- SfAA Round Table: Online Tools for Stakeholder Engagement Share your perspective online at Discussoo platform and register for the event in March
- iEMSs 2020 Online Conference Next Week Sept 14-18 Join the “Participatory Modelling: How to overcome challenges in Practice?” Session A2 and Workshop being held on Sept 16 and 17.